We have been working with families in a time of heartache, needing tombstones, for almost 50 years and we know you have more important thing to take care of.
With this page, we hope to clarify our terminology in order to get this step off your to-do list completed as quickly as possible.
When ordering a tombstone, we will be asking about the following components:
- Our tombstones are made from polished granite
- Design of your choice, just choose the design that best suit your needs.
- Lettering (We include 100 characters in the standard price & the cost for additional characters is R4 per letter extra)
- Optional Extras:
Choose a headstone:
- Design (below is just some of our options)
- Color photo on a ceramic base
The base is the portion of the tombstone that the headstone rest on.
We offer two types of pots:
a) Black Granite Pots
Pots are available ( as below from left to right):
- Polished with writing
- Polished with a motive
- Polished with a laser-etched image
White Marble Pot
4. Slab / Chips / Tile
Slab / Chips / Tile is the option to cover the tombstone:
- Slab is a solid granite slab 5mm or 7 mm thick
- Chips are broken rock (pebbles) white or grey
- Tiles are solid granite tiles (5mm) and fit within the kerb
Is the edge of the tombstone, made from granite and either polished only top or all sides
The foundation is the beginning of the actual grave with the top layer being the cement slab that projects the grave.